Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Freshly Shucked Oysters


Well, I'm going to chalk this one up to, "it seemed like a good idea at the time" the shucking that is. Over the weekend I was talked into my first oyster experience, I was nervous but I new this day would come. I thought the hard part would be keeping the oyster down but in fact, shucking the stubborn Ostreidae proved to be not only extremely difficult but quite dangerous as well. Trust me, get some thick rubber gloves, a shucking knife and a strong pair of biceps because this is not an easy task. when I did finally pry the shells apart I was a bit frustrated by the whole thing and therefore expected to hate my next move but I slurped it down nonetheless.

I suddenly felt awakened like a bolt of energy surged throughout my body, it was absolutely divine! I was excited I had tried something new and pleasantly surprised that it was so delicious. From here on out I'll be enjoying these little beauties on a very regular basis but the shucking part, well, that can just go...well, you know.

1 comment:

Gekisen said...

What did your oyster taste like?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin