Monday, May 14, 2007

Chicken Wrap



I've found myself in a pretty hectic schedule this week. For the most part I really try to eat a well balanced diet but at times like this I am notorious for not being prepared and that always leads me to either:
a) wings, dry ribs or any other delicious albeit artery clogging pub food item.
b) pizza by the slice which I often regret later in the day and into the next when my pants don't fit.
c) a double date with Mr. Henry, that's Oh Henry and again, the pants.

Well, I've just celebrated another birthday and although I am far from over the hill, I am not getting any younger. Things have got to change...Introducing the savior to my ongoing dilemma, the Asian inspired chicken wrap! This is a filling, fresh and healthy lunch that you can store in the fridge for the week and just wrap them up as needed. These are sure to satisfy my mid afternoon cravings and I don't have to worry about my waistline or that 4pm crash.

RECIPE:

1 chicken breast (marinated in 1 cup soya sauce and 2 TBS sugar for 1 hr), grilled, cooled and diced
1 pkg. soba noodles (or any other thin noodle), cooked, drained and cooled
1/2 cup red bell pepper, sliced thinly
1/2 cup cabbage, shredded
1/2 cup carrots, sliced thinly
1/4 cup cilantro
1/4 cup soya sauce
1/3 cup sesame oil
1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
toasted sesame seeds to taste

Mix all ingredients together, adjust seasonings to your own taste by adding a little more soya sauce or vinegar. Chill in the refrigerator, Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin