Friday, May 18, 2007

Calling All Coleslaws




Call me crazy, but am I the only one who has a hard time finding a good coleslaw? Without a doubt this is one of my favorite salads, one that I will gladly eat for lunch or dinner and probably as a snack in between, like I said I love coleslaw. Now, I have a big problem with a disappointing dressing, whether it be too creamy or too vinegary I have not had much success in my quest for a good one, until now...I have tirelessly worked my way through countless jars of mayo and shredded far too many cabbages than one should ever for this purpose alone. To this I thank (or curse) my stubbornness because I did, oh yes I did come up with the ultimate coleslaw and after all this hard work, my goodness I should hope so!

RECIPE:

6 cups green and purple cabbage, shredded
2 cups shredded carrots
1 1/2 cups shredded apple
1/2 cups sunflower seeds

DRESSING:
1/4 cups sour cream
1/4 cups mayo
3 TBS apple cider vinegar
2 TBS sugar

Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl and mix together. In a seperate bowl whisk together dressing ingredients and chill in the fridge for 30 mins. Now here is the key to making this coleslaw work, add half of the dressing first, mix with salad and let all ingredients chill for 30 mins. After 30 mins. check the salad and if needed, add more dressing but it's really important to start off with less. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin