Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day Heart Beet


I love love. Truly I do. I'm a hopeless romantic and a girl who has always worn her heart on her sleeve. I'm not ashamed to admit it, sure I've had some heartbreaks but who hasn't? I've also been lucky to have found a great love and for that I will always be grateful. The first time I met my husband I knew I wanted to marry him. I was eighteen and had a mad crush on him. He was a rock star with a girlfriend and was touring the world. I was a girl with dreams of moving to the big city and working in the movies and was also in a relationship. So a couple of years passed, he travelled the world for the umpteenth time, I moved and started working in movie land but we always had mutual friends and would hang out every so often. And then, just like they always do when they're supposed to, things change and things end; my relationship had run its course and Mr music was a single man. I showed up for work one day and guess who else was working on the movie? That's right, my man crush who was single, finally. I was smitten all over again.

I tried my best to maintain my composure while I styled his hair and groomed his peachy complexion. In other words I tried to remain oh so cool. Looking back I guarantee I came off as a total geek. I usually do but thankfully some boys like that. You wanna know what else boys like? Six packs. And I'm talkin' six packs of beer. (I'm sure they like six pack abs too but I don't have those and you work with what you have.) Fast forward to the end of the work day when I was about to call a taxi to take me home. Can you guess who was going my way and offered me a ride? I think you can. So, the entire ride home I was thinking to myself, "stay calm, act cool, you've had a crush on this guy for five years! Breathe, STOP SWEATING!" Again pretending I was cool, we arrived at my house and I was about to get out when I blurted, "HEY, wanna get a six pack?" I can't believe I said that. After five years of preparing for this moment I actually said "wanna get a six pack"? But someone did wanna get a sixer. Fast forward again, seven years later and we have been happily married for one year and dated for six. I know seven years is not a whole lot in the real world but in movie land, it's a lifetime.

Here are just a few of our favorites from the archives and perfect for a romantic Valentine's Day Dinner:
Beet Salad with Goat Cheese and a Poached Egg
Ribeye with Onion Blue Cheese Sauce
Chai Tea Truffles

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin