Friday, May 9, 2008

Bread Machine Buns


It's almost hotdog season and I for one, could not be more thrilled. I can't say I'm a big fan of the hotdog per say but smokies, I love smokies! Especially the ones with the cheese already in them. The cheese already in them, what will they think of next?

I've told you a few times before about my darling bread machine. But I haven't told you about these bread machine hotdog buns and for that, I should be ashamed. This was one of the first recipes I tried in the bread maker and they are the best buns I've ever had. These buns aren't limited for just hotdog use either, I usually make a combination of hotdog and hamburger style buns for sandwiches and well, hamburgers.

So, pull out your BBQ, your bread machine and your favorite sausage like treat. We're about to embark on my favorite food season and these buns will soon be your favorite too.

RECIPE courtesy of Recipezaar:
1 1/4 cups milk, slightly warmed
1 beaten egg
2 TBSP butter
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 tsp salt
3 3/4 cups bread flour
1 1/4 tsp active dry yeast


Place all ingredients in pan of bread machine according to manufacturer's directions. Select dough setting. When cycle is complete, turn out onto floured surface. Cut dough into 8 (or 10 depending on the size you like) pieces and shape the dough with your hands into either hotdog or hamburger bun shapes. Place on greased baking sheet or parchment paper far apart and brush with melted butter. Cover and let rise until doubled, about one hour. Bake at 350° for 9 minutes*.

Note: Oven temperatures vary so check after 9 minutes to see if done. Some reviewers baked these anywhere from 12 to 30 minutes.

Makes about 8-10 buns

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin