Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Homemade Doggy Treats


I thought I would give a little shout out to all the wonderful poochers out there who bring so much joy to our lives. Yes, I am one of "those" dog owners and my precious Ruben deserves only the best! I treat him like he's a baby, he's totally spoiled, he acts like a little prince and I love him to death for it. Honestly, sometimes I even make myself sick but what can I say, he's just so cute I can't help myself. Anyway, I wanted to make Ruben a little treat and considering so many of you are probably "those" dog people just like me, I thought you may want to indulge your furry friends too.



RECIPE:
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups brown rice flour (you can also use unbleached flour)
1/2 cup peanut butter (all-natural or organic)
1 cup water
2 tablespoons oil

Preheat the oven to 300 F. Combine oil, peanut butter and water. Add flour and mix all together forming a dough. Knead dough into a firm ball and roll to 1/2 inch thickness. Use a cookie cutter and cut out shapes. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool thoroughly.

Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin