I'm sure you're not unfamiliar with your Mom's chicken casserole with mushroom soup. It was a staple in our house and if you know what I'm talking about, you will likely join in my comfort of this casserole. And my favorite thing about this casserole? The crunchy cracker parmeson crust on top, Oh yeah.
1 package penne pasta
3 tablespoons olive oil
6 chicken tenderloins, diced
1 small onion, finely diced
1 stalk celery, finely diced
1 large clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup buttery crackers such as Ritz
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in the skillet, and add the onions, celery and garlic and saute about 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Mix in the cooked pasta, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
5. In a small bowl, mix the cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Spread evenly over the top of the casserole.
6. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven until bubbly and lightly browned.