Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Roasted Buttercup Squash Seeds


So all this time I've been under the impression that the only squash seeds worth roasting were pumpkin. Man was I wrong. I think about all of those seeds I've thrown out in my lifetime that could have been crunchy, salty, spicy goodness and it makes me want to weep. My revelation came via Twitter when one of my peeps posted a photo of her own roasted buttercup seeds. They looked so good I knew I had to make them. I. Love. These. Period. Sometimes it's the little things that make me so happy. Most often it's the little things. These make me very happy. And after the craziness of the last 2 weeks around here, I'm happy to be happy.

Recipe (which is not really a recipe at all. Adapt it to your mood, personal taste etc.):
Seeds from 2 buttercup squash
almond oil
cinnamon
nutmeg
salt
black pepper

Directions:
1. Rinse the seeds ensuring that all of the flesh of the squash are removed. Pat the seeds dry. Preheat the oven to 250. Place the seeds on on a baking sheet. Drizzle the seeds with almond oil, making sure all of the seeds are coated. Sprinkle the seeds with cinnamon and nutmeg, a good sprinkling of salt and a light sprinkling of black pepper. Toss the seeds completely with the seasonings and oil. Place the seeds in the oven and roast for about 1 hour, checking every 20 minutes, stirring the seeds around each time.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin