Thursday, September 16, 2010

Parmesan Chicken


You know those days when the time is ticking down to dinner and there is absolutely nothing you can think of to make? Of course you do. Ya know what you do when stricken with this obstacle? Head on over to Simply Recipes. Seriously, if you are looking for a vast array of ideas in all areas of cuisine, Elise has your number. She has saved me more times than I can count and the other day was no exception.

Chalk it up to seasonal change, work overload or just plain brain freeze but I have been stretching these days when it comes to dinner. Actually, I think I'm just bored with my regular repertoire so I was on a hunt for something new. And on this particular day my ingredients were limited and my mission was simple; find a recipe that utilizes what I had on hand-chicken thighs, and anything else I could scrape together in my pantry. Thanks Elise for hooking me up with something so delicious once again.

Recipe from Simply Recipes:
1 clove garlic, minced
1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup or 1/4 pound), melted
1 cup dried bread crumbs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (or 2/3 cup if you are using a Microplane zester)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
A large pinch of Italian seasoning (herb mix)
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 lbs of skinless, boneless, chicken meat, cut into pieces no larger than 2x2 inches

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Combine the garlic with the melted butter in one bowl. In a separate bowl mix the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper together. Dip chicken pieces into garlic butter mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture to coat. Pressing the crumb coating into the chicken if needed.
3. Place coated chicken pieces onto a large baking dish. Try not to crowd the dish allowing a little space in between the pieces of chicken. Drizzle the pieces with remaining garlic butter and bake uncovered about 10 minutes, making sure the bottom doesn't brown too quickly (this can happen fast). Flip the chicken and cook another 6-8 minutes, again assuring the bottom doesn't brown too fast and until the chicken is golden brown and crispy.

Serves 4-6.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin