Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Daring Cooks January Challenge-Satay




Alright, I confess. I wasn't really looking forward to this challenge. I don't want to sound like a total a@# but I've made satay many times before and it's safe to say I wasn't feeling really "challenged" with this one. And that's the beauty of thinking you're so right, you are most often proven wrong, at least in my experience.

I know, I have to kick myself because there were a couple of things that I discovered during this challenge; One is that you don't need an outdoor grill to achieve a super delicious skewer, which grilling was the only way I had tried satay, and second, this is perhaps the best peanut dipping sauce I've ever had. My husband totally agreed on that one. So there you have it, I was completely reluctant about this challenge and it turned out to be a flavour revelation. Go figure. Thanks Cuppy of Cuppylicious.

Click here for the recipe of the original Satay and Peanut Sauce from Cuppylicious:

4 comments:

cuppy said...

So, I have to know then, did you have dipping sauces in your prior satay experiences? What kind?

I love the peanut sauce, but I'm definitely interested in trying the other variations the DC'ers have come up with, too.

I'm glad you tried it, even with all those satay recipes under your belt! :) Mostly, I just really find your pictures to be eye pleasing... and to see one I know look so pretty is a real treat. :D

Wic said...

I love that pictures it looks delicious.

Audax said...

Great to hear that you found the PB sauce so great and the picture is excellent. Great work on this challenge. Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

Madeline said...

Thanks Cuppy :) I usually have dipping sauces with my satay but I found yours to be the best I've had. I've never used the coriander and cumin and found their addition to be great. Really good sauce!

Thank you Wic and Audax, you've made my Husband (who took the photo) a very happy man!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin