Thursday, January 21, 2010

Chicken Wings with Momofuku Octo Vinaigrette


Dear Chef David Chang,

You rock my world.

Sincerely,
Satisfied

Not familiar with my new chef crush? David Chang is the genius behind Momofuku Restaurants as well as a cookbook author co-written with Peter Meehan also called Momofuku. Check it out, for real. But until you can get your hands on him, I mean it, go ahead and rock your world with this...Okay, brace yourselves, for what I'm about to tell you just may be the best news you've heard all day. I have come upon a flavor so good it's almost hard for me to explain. A taste so great that perhaps there are no words to do it justice. Or you could simply call it the most delicious freaking sauce you've ever had. I prefer the latter. It smells amazing, It tastes amazing and oh ya, It is amazing.

Obviously what you see here are chicken wings tossed in the golden sauce. A recipe I acquired from Jaden of Steamy Kitchen and easily some of the best wings I've ever had but what you don't see is that I could eat this sauce all by itself by the gallons. It is that good and I imagine is good over so many things. Like I said, Eat. By. Itself. Don't dare me, I'll totally do it, please don't even give me an excuse. I'm talking finger licken', smackin' good. Literally, I can hear my husband in the background licking his fingers. I mean, I want to run into the street and shout my love for 'this kind of good'. I can't wait to make this sauce with fried rice, a stirfry, noodles or served over cardboard. Did I mention it's amazing?

Recipe:
3 lbs chicken wings
salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Season wings with a little salt and pepper and toss to coat.
3. Place the wings on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning half way through. Remove the wings from the oven and toss to coat in the Octo Vinaigrette. Recipe below.

Octo Vinaigrette Recipe:
2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chili pepper
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup light soy sauce
2 tablespoons canola, vegetable or grapeseed oil
1/4 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
freshly ground black pepper

Directions:
1. Mix all ingredients together in a large enough bowl to accommodate tossing all of the chicken wings.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin