What can I tell you about this recipe...Well, it's about one of the best darn things I've ever tasted. And I do mean the best. Ever. If you don't make anything else in your whole life, just be sure to make this. Seriously, you will most certainly kick yourself for a long, long time if you don't. Please trust me on this one even if you think you don't like blue cheese, this sauce is sure to change your mind. It's insane (in a good insane way, of course). Now that I've convinced you, enjoy like you've never enjoyed before.
Recipe from The Pioneer Woman:
2 ribeye steaks, seasoned with salt and pepper
4 tablespoons butter
1 large onion, sliced thinly
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook your ribeye according to your preference. Two of my favorite ways to cook steak are either on a pre-heated hot grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until medium rare or by heating oil in a cast iron skillet to medium-high and frying the steak for 4-5 minutes on each side. Let your steak rest after cooking for 8-10 minutes before serving.
2. To make the sauce, melt the butter over medium heat in a skillet.
3. Add the onions to the melted butter and cook the onions for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until caramelized. You want the onions a caramel brown color, not dark brown.
4. Add the cream to the caramelized onions and bring to a simmer.
5. Add the blue cheese to the cream and onions and stir until the cheese is melted.
6. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to your taste noting that the cheese will add it's own salt so start with a small amount of salt.
7. Serve the sauce over your ribeye and be prepared to swoon :)