Friday, February 13, 2009

Vash's Brownies


These Brownies come from my friend Vash. Vash and I worked together a couple of years ago and she would often bring delicious baked treats to work. She is without a doubt one of the best bakers I know. She loves it and it shows. She calls these "Evil Killer Brownies" and after trying them, it was very apparent as to why, they are impossible, impossible to resist. Knowing Vash's baking skills, I knew that if she said these were the best, they would be. Which is why I halved the recipe. I'm no dummy, I know myself and my lack of will power. Thankfully I've come to terms with this fact because I was right...I had brownies for breakfast, brownies for lunch and you guessed it, brownies for dinner. Evil indeed. But so perfect for your Valentine's sweetheart.

RECIPE:
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 heaping Tbsp. cocoa
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup flour
1 tsp. vanilla

Icing:
2 cups icing sugar
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. cocoa
2 - 4 Tbsp. boiling water
2 tsp. vanilla

Instructions:
Cream sugar, cocoa and butter. Add beaten eggs and vanilla. Add flour. Bake in greased 9"x13" pan at 350 F. for 40 - 45 minutes. Top will appear to be underdone (falls in middle) but don't overcook.

To make icing: Mix ingredients together with electric beater while brownies are cooking. Spread icing on top of brownies immediately after removing from oven so it will melt into a shiny glaze.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin