Monday, June 9, 2008

Time Flies!


Just like that, it's been a year for my blog. Don't ask me where the time has gone. I suppose it's safe to say it's gone from my kitchen to my mouth and subsequently to my thighs and hips. Ask me one thing I've learned from my first year of food blogging and I'd have to stress the importance of exercise. Don't get me wrong, it's been a fabulous year and I wouldn't change the extra 5, okay 10 pounds I've been packing for the world.

Without becoming too emotional, I wonder where to start. I also wonder why I'm feeling emotional at all. I guess it's because the past year writing this blog has been one of my favorites thus far. I've been able to share my passion with more people than I could have ever imagined. And the support...jeez the support I've received from my fellow food bloggers has been truly overwhelming.

I don't know why I started this blog. It was just a place for me to share two of my passions, writing and cooking. I can remember the first handful of posts I wrote. I was so nervous. I held onto those posts for weeks without publishing them. Reading and rereading, spell checking like a mad woman. My heart was literally palpitating every time I actually pressed the 'publish' button. But it was always so fun.

Now I see the number of views I've had and it blows me away. Obviously so minor in comparison to many of my favorite food blogs but for me, it's startling. I really can't believe anyone actually reads this! And I think I'll keep thinking that way. Afterall, if I really start processing the fact that whenever I write something it's going to be read by any number of people, well, I just might start to freak out a little.

All kidding aside, I can't thank all of you enough for your support over this past year. I can't imagine a more supportive and delicious community of people to share my life with. So, here's to one year and many more to come. Happy eating everyone!

2 comments:

hungryandfrozen said...

woohoo congrats. Seems quite a few bloggiversaries (or whatever lol) are happening lately, there must have been something in there air a year ago! Looking forward to reading more :)

Madeline said...

Thanks Laura! I can't imagine why I missed this comment but holy, here we are about to embark on year two. Amazing :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin