Sunday, February 17, 2008

Nuts and Bolts


Party time, Excellent! We had a Superbowl party and I made a lot of food. These Nuts and Bolts were a huge hit at the party. Nuts and Bolts are my favorite salty snack food. I'll take them any day over any kind of chip. Which is why having this recipe at my arsenal is a little dangerous. I searched through many different recipes with my main concern being the mixture turning out too salty. That is my pet peeve with Nuts and Bolts, overseasoning. I found this fabulous recipe on recipezaar and it is just perfect.

I made so much of this mixture that my boyfriend and I were sure we would have lots of leftovers. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the bottom of the (huge) bowl! Of course as any host is well aware, you never get to actually eat the food so I just had to make a another batch after everyone left. Again to my surprise, the new batch lasted in my house for, oh, about 2 days... shameless I know. That's okay though, after the energy I expended in the kitchen at the party, I deserved a little Nuts and Bolts party of my own.

RECIPE:
1 cup butter
3 TBSP worcestershire sauce
1 tsp celery salt
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp seasoning salt
1 tsp onion powder
1 (10 ounce) box Cheerios cereal
10 ounces shreddies cereal
1 bag pretzel sticks
8 ounces cheez-its
5 cups Ritz Bits miniature crackers
4 cups salted nuts or peanuts

In a large glass bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Stir in the worcestershire and all the spices, whisk until well blended. Pour the snack ingredients into a large turkey roaster, pour the sauce over top. Mix well, bake uncovered at 225 degrees for one hour, stirring every 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a good blog for anyone who wants to know about affiliate jump.Thanks for sharing such a nice information to everyone. legal drugs

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin