Saturday, November 10, 2007

Spaghetti Squash Frittata


This was my first time making a frittata, it also happened to be my first attempt at making spaghetti squash. I love squash and make acorn and butternut squash all the time but hadn't ventured into the realm of the spaghetti variety, until tonight. One thing is for sure, I will never boil a squash ever, ever again. More on that later. Moving on, I have always wanted to make a frittata but I usually shy away from making eggs, I'm just not that good at making them. However, I have seen a bunch of recipes for spaghetti squash frittata that all sounded great and having a really large squash on hand I figured this would be a prime opportunity.

Like I said, next time I'll roast the squash because boiling it turned the flesh to mush and it took forever! Other than that, I've learned that a frittata is unbelievably easy to make and it is so good. I was surprised that it actually tasted better cold. This is a dish I can get used to making on a regular basis, even if it means I'll be cooking eggs quite often.

This recipe was adapted from fabulousfoods.com

RECIPE:
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup spaghetti squash, separated into strands
3 TBS parmesan cheese, finely grated
2 TBS parsley, chopped
1/2 cup shallot or red onion, finely diced
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 TBS butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Preheat broiler.

Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Melt butter in a large skillet. Pour mixture into the skillet and cook over low heat for about 12-15 minutes. Transfer to broiler for 3 to 4 minutes or until top is browned.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin