Monday, October 29, 2007

Big Mac Attack, sort of


Should I feel bad about posting this? It's just that I felt kind of guilty eating it. I've been craving a Big Mac for ages but I pretty much make it a habit of not eating fast food (not that there's anything wrong with it ;) But I caved tonight and I brought my boyfriend down with me, not that it took too much persuading. No, we didn't go to the drive-thru, I made them myself. I'm not so sure I should include the recipe here because I'm afraid I'll be held responsible for all of you making Big Macs every night, they are that good. Better actually, it's ridiculous just how good these are. My only saving grace in this whole deal is that these are so labour intensive to make that I probably burned off all the calories before I even ate the burger.

(If anyone wants the recipe, let me know and I'll post it for you.)

Okay, you asked for it!.......

(I'll try to explain it as easily as possible but if you get confused just let me know)

What You'll Need For 1 Burger:

1/2lb lean ground beef (seriously!), halved and formed into very thin (apr.1/4") thick patties, seasoned heavily w/S&P
1 white sesame hamburger bun + 1 bottom part of white sesame bun
1/4 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
2 slices processed cheese
1 TBS white onion, finely diced
4 pickle slices, cut into rounds
4 TBS thousand island dressing, w/2 TBS mayo, 1 TBS pickle relish, all mixed together (you may have a little leftover)

What To Do:

1. Have vegetables and sauce standing by.

2.Preheat oven to 200 degrees. In a large pan, heat oil to med-high and place one of the patties in the hot oil (it's easier to cook the patties one at a time.) Be very careful dealing with hot oil. As soon as the patty is in the pan, place a spatula over the burger and press down firmly for about 4-5 minutes. Flip the patty and again put the spatula over the patty and hold down until the burger is cooked through (about 3-4 minutes.) Transfer the patty to a rack lined with paper towel to drain. Wrap the patty in tin foil and place in a warm oven. Repeat the same steps with the other patty.

3. Take the extra bottom bun and carefully cut off the bottom, this is the only side of this bun that you're going to toast. Heat a large pan, indoor grill or griddle to med-high. Brush the buns with melted butter or some of the grease that's leftover in the pan from the hamburger patties (remember you're only going to toast one side of the middle bun so only butter the side you're going to toast.) Place the buns in the pan, buttered side down and toast until lightly golden brown, watch carefully.

4. Remove the patties from the oven. Working from the bottom, place about 1.5 TBS sauce on the bottom bun, sprinkle onions, then half of the shredded lettuce. Place one cheese slice on the lettuce and one patty on top of the cheese. Place the middle bun (toasted side up) on the patty. On top of the middle bun, again, sauce, onions and lettuce. Place the pickles on top of the lettuce followed by the other cheese slice and then the other patty. Place any remaining sauce on the top bun and put the top bun on the patty.

5. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! And let me know what you think ;)

2 comments:

Randy said...

I'd like it :)

Madeline said...

I promise I'll post the recipe tommorrow but I hope you know what you're in for!!! ;)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin