Saturday, September 15, 2007

Say Hello to My Little Friend


When was the last time you had a banana split? If you have to think about it, it's been way too long! We had our favorite friends over tonight who brought our favorite guy, Noah over and little did he know, he was about to indulge in the treat of his life. He could have never known what he was in for when he awoke this morning, afterall, could a 4 year old mind really grasp the concept of bananas and icecream, chocolate and pineapple, strawberries and cherries all smothered in whipped cream? No, not even a mind that secretly believes he could actually be Luke Skywalker and maybe, just maybe his dad is really Darth Vader.

Watching Noah eat his first banana split reminded me of sitting in a booth at the Dairy Queen when I was a kid. There is really no other ice cream dessert that compares to a banana split and no one did it better than DQ. I swore it was the best thing I had ever tasted and to this day, that sentiment still rings true. Just as the girl that worked at my local Dairy Queen had marked my memory so many years ago, I think I made history tonight in the memory of my favorite little 4 year old.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin